Clear Eyes
I set up my new cell phone yesterday, and apparently it was just in time. For the first time since I've been working, I brought my cell phone to work (something I don't normally do) and got a call from the Norwegian at 8:30 this morning. He had just gotten up after a late night talking to his best friend about God knows what, and saw 1 "unknown number" call that he missed. He anxiously called and asked me, "Did you try to call me?" I told him I hadn't tried calling him, but thought it was sweet (and a little bit reassuring that he's now going through the same thing I went through for 7 weeks).
He asked me what I was doing and I told him I was at work, so I couldn't talk for long. We chatted about the weather and our preparations for my upcoming trip "across the pond" to visit him (a New Orleans phrase). He eventually worked up the courage to ask me to bring him something from the US.
He asked me to bring him some Clear Eyes (go figure). I told him that I would get that for him and asked him how much he wanted. He said two would be enough (and I thought, "One for each eye"). I'll talk to him later about the need for Clear Eyes in the first place.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home