A Full House
I just ushered out "a house full" after this week's episode of NTT (Nip/Tuck Tuesdays). It was nice to have a living room full of beautiful, intelligent, impressionable young black women. Serina gave me a look that will last me the rest of my life when one of the characters said, "You know people show you who they are within the first 5 minutes of meeting them" (I'm paraphrasing). It was such a poignant statement because not 2 hours before (while listening to her go on & on about her current dramatic man situation) I'd said to her, "People show you who they are when you meet them...within the first 5-10 mintues of conversation. You just have to open up your eyes and ears and be willing to take it in after asking for The Spirit of Discernment".
I was happy to play (as Walter [my first love] said it a couple of months ago) "the human ice breaker". I have a feeling that tonight was more than just a few women getting together for fun to watch a t.v. show. I have a feeling that tonight was another stone along the path across a raging river to the other side which represents true happiness for each of us...and I invited them over without any motive. I just wanted everyone to know love the way I know it (from God) with a little break from the difficulties that surround us each day thanks to Katrina. Now if they could all just catch up to me and realize who The Carver is...

1 Comments:
Hi, thanks for coming to the "Office of the Cliches", a christian brasilian blog.
A hugh from Brasil!
Post a Comment
<< Home