Christmas Magic
Shorty and I were just outside in the driveway talking about what we're going to eat tomorrow (I'm planning the daily trip to Walmart for the next two days since I know Wally World will be closed tomorrow). We've decided on a big Christmas breakfast as opposed to a big Christmas dinner since our oven is still broken (see - F1 - ). He was tossing his basketball around when I said, "Where's your basketball goal?" He looked over to where the old one used to be and said, "I don't know!" I played it out and said, "Goddamnit! They took your basketball goal! I didn't tell them to take your basketball goal! These damn people here...they are not the brightest bulbs in the chandellier! I could see if the basketball goal was down there next to the the road with the water heater for trash, but really?! Goddamnit Katrina!" He looked a little sad, realizing his basketball goal is gone.
I can't wait to see his face tomorrow morning! I think I may be more excited than he is! And these are the things a parent does to make Christmas magic for a child!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home