Friday, December 23, 2005

The Right Approach


So I'm waiting in the checkout line at my local Walmart, and this guy (in the Saints shirt) is waiting behind me.

"Where's my Christmas present?" he inquires.

I say, "At the store."

"What are you getting me for Christmas?" he asks.

"The same thing I got you last year," I reply.

"You're not getting me anything?" he asks, with his gold tooth gleaming in the light of the fluorescent Wally World lighting.

I flatly reply, "No."

"Why?" he asks.

I state, "I don't think my boyfriend would like it," even though I don't have a boyfriend.

He brazenly says, "I won't tell him if you won't. Are you going to tell him?"

I say, "Yes, because I'm honest with my man."

He says, "That's good! If I find a woman like you I'm going to try to hold on to her."

If only more men would recognize a good woman (realize when they're out of their league) and take that approach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home