Saturday, August 20, 2005

I

I just finished a "man check" conversation with my "boyfriend" from college. I wanted to get another opinion about sending a long letter to Espen about my feelings about the experience in Norway or just sending a thank you note. My "boyfriend" from college said that if I sent the long letter rehashing the negative (even if I emphasized the positive), I might put all that out there and never hear from him (which would leave me feeling worse). So I've decided to subscribe to the KISS method: Keep It Simple, Stupid. That makes sense since I do overthink things sometimes ;-).

I then asked my "boyfriend" what's been up with some of the others in the troubador group we're a part of. He told me that Romeo (the italian) is set to marry the French chic in November, Shawn & my friend in TX are on thier way to Scotland together, and Trish (my sex & the city associate) is engaged to the Australian! I was thrilled to hear about that last one since they'd had issues for so long, and commented that it's nice to see Romeo finally settling down (amazing!). And about the kids who are on their way to Scotland...how many foreign countries do these two need to go to together (they've been to NZ, Ireland, and now Scotland) before they work their stuff out?! Only God knows.

At the end of it all I realized two important things:

  1. I mis-spoke when I told Espen I don't have any male friends. My "boyfriend" from college, my sister's husbands, the guys at work...they're my male friends. They give me the Y chromasome insight I need to effectively deal with the opposite sex.
  2. We're growing up, my generation, and we're doing it while giving "I" a new meaning...Internationally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home