Monday, August 15, 2005

Back To School

I am EXHAUSTED! I started yesterday off with a trip to Walmart (ah, yes...school supplies), then followed up with cooking breakfast for Kidlet & myself (I'd forgotten what that was like), then proceeded to do chores around the house. We had church at home, with an hour of Bible study, followed with more hours of chores & bill paying (gotta keep the business - aka, my household - running smoothly). After I walked Shorty over to his friends' house, I had some time alone to work on my vacation blog and exercise (I need that as an outlet...and to stay fine!) I started dinner, picked him up from his friends' house, more chores, then chatted with my girl in Tampa until after 9. Just when I thought I might be close to finished, I remembered that I needed clothes to wear for the trip to Baton Rouge today. I started the laundry and crashed in bed at 10 with plans to wake at 4:30 AM for another trip to Walmart in the morning (construction paper didn't come in until last night).

So today started at 4:39 AM (oh yeah, snooze alarm). I got up and spent 15 minutes alone with God in the backyard on my park bench (probably the best $100 I've ever spent), and then took off for Walmart. I returned home at 5:45 with school supplies, pulled the laundry out of the dryer, ironed (I hate ironing), showered, woke Little Man, hot-rolled my hair, ate breakfast while watching Joyce Meyer, dressed, unrolled my hair (shake it out not off, Mariah), and was out the door (don't forget your checkbook...children cost money!) by 7:20.

Dropped Junior off at school, met the teacher, a deposit at the bank, and scooted into the office at 8 on the dot after carefully avoiding the jackass in the parking lot! Work, work, work...10:30, I'm starving, break out the grapes...11:39 (what, I'm still hungry?)...eat my salad & have my co-workers pick up a small chili from Wendy's for me...start to book my reservations for my next business trip (which commences less than 24 hours after I come back to NO from JAX Labor Day weekend)...chili's here...munch, munch, munch...shit, it's 12:30...time to meet the governor! I'll take the chili with me.

Off to Baton Rouge...chat with my Brazilian friend along the way (thank God I don't have to ride up and back with my new boss)...clap & grin...pics with Louisiana's governor, Kathleen Babineaux Blanco...back to work (it's a long drive when riding shotgun with the bossman), making it back to the plant at 5:30...just 30 minutes to pick up The Kid. 5:45, kidlet complains about being the second to last child picked up (they close at 6). Head home..."make your own dinner, kiddo"...read some of the 50 million pieces of paper that have been sent home while half listening to the 7 things Kidlet says I forgot on the school supply list...back to Walmart (what do you mean none of the boy's belts fit...let's get a man's belt for you then)...head home and get into "I'm just tired, not mad at you" mom-mode..."take a shower...brush your teeth...get your things together for tomorrow...and don't forget your clothes". Finally, hug and a kiss goodnight.

I forgot to return the school shirts to Walmart that are too small. I didn't really accomplish anything at work today. I haven't ironed a damn thing for work this week. My bathroom is starting to get beyond "lived in" to "plain dirty", I haven't even thought about doing the dishes, I know both he & I need laundry done, and what about the other 49,999,987 pieces of paper that he brought home from school today? I guess they'll just have to wait for 6 in the morning...which certainly has a completely different meaning now than it did two weeks ago when it meant Espen & I were up talking all night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home