Friday, August 26, 2005

Just Say No

I have to give it to Nancy Reagan. The "Just Say No" campaign of the 80's really did work on me. I have never had a desire to try illegal drugs because of it. Seeing those crack cocaine needles wash up on the shore of America and knowing what it did to households all over the world (i.e. women all over the world doing God knows what, just to get high) cured me before I ever got started of illegal drug use. The fact that I'm now an alcoholic (and actually have been since birth, but it didn't present itself until 6th grade), makes it even more poingant.

I had a clarifying moment earlier today. I'm at a cross roads in my life. Now that I've dealt with the emotional retardation that is a result of my cultural background, I know what my purpose is in life. I spent quite a bit of time talking about it this evening to my father today. I have been sent here to help preserve this planet (and I'm not going to get into the spiritual implications of that statement). I've been sent here to "make this world a little bit better than it was when I came into it". Working at this company, I've been given a gift, and although I have a gift for the technical, the fact that I have a God given gift of being a "people person" is more influential. My physical affinity for alcohol is my downfall...and I won't let it prevent me from becoming who I was created to be. To walk in God's (Ngai's) will for me, I have to "Just Say No".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home