Bucket Man
The NTT ladies wanted to take me out last night to celebrate my birthday. I wasn't all that interested but thought it would be a good way for us to socialize, and good for a couple of them who aren't feeling so good about themselves (thanks to being caught up in relationships with men they don't need to be involved with) to get out with positive women for reinforcement. Alas, all but one of those heifers renigged on me, and the one who didn't is like Vodka...I can only take her in a mix with someone else. Since I didn't find out it would just be the two of us until after I'd already "prettied up", I decided to take this beautiful woman out, but first I called Michael (the guy I'd met at South Park a month ago who has a girlfriend so I told him I wouldn't call him). He answered and said he'd see me there.
When I walked up to the entrance, I saw a red minivan parked out front. I thought to myself, "hmmm...red minivan. I bet Dave & Katy are here". Sure enough, they were sitting at the end of the bar near the entrance. I went over to them and we chatted for a while when Michael showed up. He was happy to see me (thinking he had a chance) and joined our group. As we were chatting, Dave said, "This is Doug."

I didn't think anything of it until later when he said we'd met a few weeks ago. We started talking and Michael couldn't stand the competition. Doug was captivated by my beauty and said so. Eventually Michael faded out of the picture. I was ready to go home, so Doug asked me if he could come with. I was bored so I said okay.
We got back to my house and talked for a few hours. He said he was so glad he met me and so glad I let him come over. He said he realized, "there is so much more to you than just your beauty". I graciously accepted the compliment and as he prepared to depart he asked me, "so can I call you about more than the car?" (I'm donating my old car to charity). I told him yes. He thanked me for having him over and I thanked him for listening to me talk.
After he left, I realized what it was about that first night with Espen: he listened to me! He actually listened to what I had to say for 10 hours! He listened to me pour out what was in my brain for 10 hours! He listened to me talk about all the stuff that goes on in my head (all the intimate stuff), and he did it for 10 hours (no wonder I fell in love with him on the first night)! It clicked with me that the man I'm supposed to be with will just listen to me. He will be my bucket as I pour out what's in my mind.
That just reminded me of a rhyme I made up when I was younger (and cursed like a sailor)...
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who tried to sh!t in a bucket
He tried to squat down
The bucket rolled all around
and eventually he just said, "F*ck It!"
And if you're wondering about the history of "There once was a man from Nantucket", check out this link.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home